We are proud to announce the newest additions to our secretariat. Daniel, Awurama and Bismark are joining the Global Student Forum as project management team with a focus on environmental justice and climate action.

To strengthen our presence in the Global South, they are based in Accra, Ghana – sharing office space with the All-Africa Students Union.

Daniel Onwonah-Owiredu

Daniel Onowonah is serving as a Project Manager for the Global Student Forum. Dan represents a cocktail of expertise from over a decade of professional life. He is a natural passionate leader with special interest in youth development and inclusion across-board. Having served as a student leader at both local and national levels, Dan has grass root knowledge and experience in student advocacy and activism. Dan was actively leading and serving students in the Kwame Nkrumah University of Ghana, National Union of Ghana Students and the International Forestry Students Association.

Daniel Owiredu is an environmental and sustainability expert with special interests in restoration and mitigation strategies. He has research experiences in fisheries, aquatic ecosystem management, land reclamation and mining. He is a former Global Community Specialist and lead on the GLFx movement by the Global Landscapes forum which seeks to mobilize one million people to connect, learn, share and act on landscape restoration within their local communities. Dan has served in the capacity of Project Manager at the All-African Students Union as well as Lead on the Environment and Climate Working Group of AASU.

Awurama Safowaa Kyei-Baffour

Awurama Safowaa is serving as a Project Officer for the Global Student Forum. Awurama Safowaa holds a bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Philosophy and a Bachelor of Laws Certificate. She wields over seven years of corporate work experience in different fields, including academia, business, law, environmental justice and students’ activism. She drew early attention to her leadership potential since her childhood days, right from the primary level through the tertiary level. As Executive Assistant to the Secretary-General of the All-Africa Students Union (AASU), Awurama contributed immensely to driving the growth of the Union and the quality of service AASU provides to its members and stakeholders. In an editorial role, Awurama played a pivotal role in writing environment and climate policy papers.

As a member of AASU’s Environment and Climate Working Group Awurama has actively supported the Union’s climate strategic goals. Awurama continues to work in volunteer roles with several NGOs to initiate key talking points to advance the conversation for the need to build broad coalitions to protect the environment.

Bismark Amefianu Kudoafor

Bismark Amefianu is serving as a Project Officer for the Global Student Forum. Bismark has been part of the student movement in Ghana since high school. He held various student leadership positions at the local, regional, and global level. Bismark served as a member of the Judicial Council of the Students Representative Council of the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA), leading student mediations between students, faculty, and management. Bismark has sat on various student committees to develop strategic plans to ensure the welfare of students at the tertiary level and has also been a member of panels to select student leaders for university Student Representative Councils and National Student Unions.

Bismark served as Research and Communications Officer at the All-Africa Students Union (AASU) for two years. He is currently the Programs Officer in charge of Capacity Building at AASU.  Bismark was a member of the Interim Secretariat, formed to provide dedicated capacity for the start-up phase of the Global Student Forum. Bismark holds a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Professional Studies, Accra, and is currently a final year postgraduate student in International Relations and Diplomacy at the University of Ghana.